Before recently relocating to Saint Louis, Guitarist Matthew Von Doran was active in the Los Angeles music scene for over 30 years as a jazz & rock artist, sideman, session player, and educator. He has been involved throughout the world with numerous bands reflecting all styles and genres of music and he brings that varied experience into his role as a guitar instructor. Matthew consistently demonstrates his love of music education & his dedication to the advancement and development of each and every student he works with. His goal is to make learning music a fun & uplifting adventure.
Matthew Von Doran’s latest efforts as educator include two instructional DVD’s for LickLibrary.com, the U.K.’s premier guitar instructional website, and he is also the Director of Guitar Studies at the Grammy Summer Music Camp, held on the campus of University of Southern California in Los Angeles.
Matthew’s critically acclaimed debut recording of original compositions as a modern jazz artist, “In This Present Moment”, produced by Jimmy Haslip, of the Grammy Award winning TheYellowjackets, features some of the biggest names in jazz including Larry Goldings, Peter Erskine, Bob Mintzer, James Genus and Terri Lyne Carrington, among others. When Matthew’s not traveling the world as a performing artist, product specialist, or clinician, he tours with La Quinta Estacion, winner of the 2010 Grammy for Best Latin Pop Band.
For more information & a complete press kit, please visit www.matthewvondoran.com
- Private Guitar Instructor: Over 30 years of One-on-One sessions in all musical genres, fifteen to twenty students per week.
- Instructional DVD Author: The Path to Fretboard Mastery and Make the Fretboard Work for You, produced & distributed worldwide by Lick Library, UK, in coordination with Hal Leonard, Milwaukee, WI
- Clinician: Beginning, Intermediate & Advanced level music clinics, given at high schools, universities, music camps & music stores, worldwide.
- Released Debut CD: In This Present Moment, in 2004, produced by Yellowjackets bassist, Jimmy Haslip, featuring Peter Erskine, Larry Goldings, Bob Mintzer, Terri Lyne Carrington, Bob Sheppard, Darek Oles, Marcus Baylor, James Genus, Gary Novak and more.
- Director of Guitar Studies: GRAMMY Camp, put on by The Grammy Foundation at USC, Los Angeles, CA, for two weeks every July.
- Adjunct Professor: Concordia University, Irvine, California: providing private guitar instruction for music major students.
- Adjunct Professor: University of Missouri-St. Louis, Missouri: providing private guitar instruction for music major students.
- Clinician/Product Specialist for Godin Guitar Company, Montreal, Canada: Travels the world to give concert performances and instructional clinics featuring their exceptional line of guitars.
- Clinician/Performing Artist: Interlochen College of Creative Arts 2009 Guitar Festival: Taught jazz guitar clinics & performed in the concert series.
- Session Guitarist: Numerous recording sessions for albums, film & jingles. All genres of music.
- Professional Sideman: Live performances in many various ensembles, all genres, including The Don Miller Big Band, house band for The Seinfeld Show and The Nanny television shows. Also toured with La Quinta Estacion, winner of a 2010 Grammy for Best Latin Pop Group.
- Composer: Modern Jazz, Rock & Blues music for various size ensembles.
- Touring: Actively toured worldwide in support of CD release, including featured performances in The 2006 Montreal Jazz Festival and The 2009 Old Webster Jazz & Blues Festival.
- Endorsers: Uses instruments & equipment by these fine music product companies: Godin Guitars, Tom Anderson Guitars, Mesa Boogie Amplifiers, Elixir Strings, Levys Leathers Guitar Cases and Line 6 Electronics. Also is a Performer/Demonstrator for these companies at music stores & trade shows worldwide.
It’s easy to get started!… just contact Matthew & set up a FREE phone consultation to discuss the details of your musical goals, as well as pricing & scheduling options.